vegini Wraps with Spinach & Figs
Recipe for 4 wraps
- For the filling, blanch the spinach leaves in salted water, drain the spinach and dump it into a bowl of cold water. Then squeeze excess water out of the spinach. Coarsely chop the spinach and blend it with cream cheese in a bowl. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- Wash the figs, remove the stems and cut into slices. Melt the sugar in a pan, caramelise the figs and chili pepper and add a dash of vinegar. Cook the fig-pepper mixture until reduced, add salt to taste and allow to cool down.
- Heat the olive oil and evenly fry vegini Pulled Chunks Mediterranean Herbs.
- ZFor the filling, lay out the 4 tortillas and spread one quarter of the spinach mixture over them. Then place the fig slices in the middle, divide vegini Pulled Chunks Mediterranean Herbs and roll up the tortillas into wraps. To this end, fold in the sides of the tortillas and roll them up, working from bottom to top.
- You may optionally wrap the snack in paper and serve warm or cold.
- 260 g of young, kitchen-ready spinach or spinach salad
- 175 g of natural double cream cheese
- Zest of an untreated lemon half
- Salt, freshly crushed coloured pepper
For the figs:
- 100 g of fresh or dried figs
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Red chili pepper half, thinly sliced